Image

William Williamson was a former Rex employee

Williamson were a firm of motorcycle manufacturers once located in the Earlsdon district of Coventry.

William and Harold Williamson were former chief employees of the Rex Motor Manufacturing Comapny in Coventry - manufacturers of motorcars and motorcycles, yet in 1911, both resigned their positions after a boardroom disagreement.

Harold went on to work for the Singer Company, but William decided to start up his own motorcycle company, a stone's throw from his former employers in Earlsdon. Here he built 8hp machines powered by Bristol based Douglas engines until 1920.

Culture Coventry Limited; Registered in Cardiff, Wales, No. 8359113; Registered under the Charities Act 1960, Registration No. 1152899
Culture Coventry Ventures Limited - Registered in Cardiff, Wales, No. 5263892
Culture Coventry Events Limited – Registered in Cardiff, Wales, No. 8108478
Registered Offices – Herbert Art Gallery & Museum, Jordan Well, Coventry CV1 5QP

Cookie Policy  || Copyright 2012 || Designed by LightMedia