Image

an Anzani-engined 'sports' Crouch of 1924

Crouch Cars Limited were small motor manufacturers of light-cars in Coventry, being established before WWI.

Founded in 1912 by a Mr. John Crouch, the first premises were chosen at Cook Street - very close to where Coventry Transport Museum is situated today. Their first vehicle was a three-wheeled cycle car in 1912, known as the 'Carette' and was fitted with a Coventry Simplex (later known as Coventry Climax) engine. The following year, a standard four-wheeled model was also offered.

Production inevitably slowed during the War, but by 1922 a more conventional light-tourer was introduced which could reputedly achieve an impressive 90mph.

Until closure in 1928, Crouch continued to build small four-cylinder cars.
Culture Coventry Limited; Registered in Cardiff, Wales, No. 8359113; Registered under the Charities Act 1960, Registration No. 1152899
Culture Coventry Ventures Limited - Registered in Cardiff, Wales, No. 5263892
Culture Coventry Events Limited – Registered in Cardiff, Wales, No. 8108478
Registered Offices – Herbert Art Gallery & Museum, Jordan Well, Coventry CV1 5QP

Cookie Policy  || Copyright 2012 || Designed by LightMedia